Welcome to the WoWDev wiki, incarnation 3. Thanks to Malu05 for hosting the past two at madx.dk and pxr.dk!
Many files of WoW change in new revisions of the client. Some information may thus be out of date or newer than the version you want. Please note that most information is for WotLK/3.3.5a/12340 or WoD/6.0.1/18179. Also see Common_Types for a list of types commonly used in the documentation and Client_Error_Analysis for commonly found errors the client emits.
If you add new information to our wiki, please keep in mind to always take care to also write down your revisions info! Also, see our list of Community Projects if you like to look at stuff or need orientation in more than documentation.
- Graphics / Models
- Cache and Databases
- Addons / Scripting / UI
- minimap description: TRS
- subtitles: SBT
- also used are TOC, WTF, Lua, XML and more. See more information on "https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft_API"
- archives: MPQ, CASC
- file-verification: signaturefile
- various formats for MoP
See Category:Format for all versions and formats.
World of Warcraft Memory Data
- Enumeration & Structures by Kynox
- Information about Warden by Kynox, Cypher and others
- Click To Move
- General Structures
- Opcodes, Packets
- Patching the client: Patching Files, Updater, Lst
See Category:Client for all articles.
for contributing to the wiki.
Blizzard entertainment for creating World of Warcraft.